Hours of Operation
We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Visiting hours are 8am -8pm
WELCOME TO CHEROKEE INDIAN HOSPITAL YOUR PATIENT CENTERED MEDICAL HOME
YOUR MEDICAL HOME
Our goal at Cherokee Indian Hospital is to be your partner in healthcare by serving as your medical home. We are committed to make a personal physician available to you who provides for all of your healcare needs, coordinates your care across all settings and uses the most recent healthcare practices. This coordination includes the medical office, hospital, clinics, testing facilities, and other places where you receive health care.
We expect you to provide us with your medical history, as well as information about any care you obtain outside of our facility, to include your current medications, recent test reults, visits to other doctors and healthcare providers, hospitilizations, and emergency department visits.
Your health care team will:
1. Get to know you
- Learn about you, your family, your life situation, and preferences. We will update your records every time you seek care and suggest treatments that make sense for you.
- Listen to your questions and feelings and treat you as a full partner in your care.
2. Communicate with you
- Explain your health situation clearly and make sure you know all of your options for care.
- Give you time to ask questions and answer them in a way you understand.
- Help you make the best decision for your care.
3. Support you
- Help you set goals for your care and help you meet these goals every step of the way
- Give you information about classes, support groups, or other services that can help you learn more about your condition and stay healthy
- Send you to trusted experts when necessary
What can you do:
1. Be in charge of your health
- Know that you are a full partner in your care
- Understand your health situation and ask questions about your care
- Learn about your condition and what you can do to stay heatlhy.
2. Participate in your care
- Follow the plan that you and we have agreed is best for your health
- Take medications as prescribed
- Keep scheduled appointments and attend follow-up visits when necessary.
3. Communicate with your health care team
- Tell us when you don't understand something or ask us to explain it in a different way
- Tell us if you get care from other health professionals so we can help coordinate the best possible care
- Bring a list of questions and a list of medicines or herbal supplements you take to every appointment
- Tell us about any changes in your health or well-being